Thank you for your interest to become a member of our interpreters/translators successful team of ITS Hamilton Inc, as together we are considered to be one of the best and most efficient interpretation services in the city. In order for us to keep this leading edge, and improve on our success, we need to do some fine-tuning so these are some guidelines to enhance our performance:
As a first step, please fill out this Training Application Form.
Once we receive the Form; we will invite you to our Language Interpreting Training at our agency. Please note that the training is mandatory for all our interpreters and translators.
Below is a summary about our training sessions:
- First face-to-face interview about their interest and confidentiality issues.
- Interpretation Training: intensive training for new recruits regarding their roles as interpreters and emphasizing the matter of confidentiality.
- On-going training for Interpreters on:
- Cross-cultural interpretation
- Sensitivity training
- Working with health care providers
- Working with legal service providers
- Working with the police
- Working with shelters and victims of violence
Meanwhile, we recommend you to prepare the following:
– Police Clearance Certificate (Vulnerable Sector Checks)
– Current Resume
– 3 References (name, Phone number/emails)
There is a language test after the training:
This test is designed to test the language fluency of the interpreter in English and the other language, as well as the ability to perform consecutive interpretation and sight translation.
– (ILSAT) Interpreter Language and Skills Assessment Tool
– (CILISAT) Cultural Interpreter Language and Interpreting Skills Assessment Tool
This evaluates a potential trainee’s language proficiency.
Language certified Interpreters will be added to the ITS’s active list.